Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does it cost to shoot every week ? Shoot fees are set at $5 a week. This covers range fees for the week and insurances.
- Are there any other payment options for shoot fees ? 2013 brings the ability to prepay shoot fees for the financial year. For $150, the equivalent to 30 weeks standard shoot fees you are able to shoot on every weekend that a shoot is held. There are no refunds for wash-outs etc due to the substantial discount given.
- Who is responsible for field set up prior to the shoot ? You are !! we are a community club and all work which needs to be done is done by the members. All club members should arrive well before the shoot starts to set up the field. All club members SHOULD remain after the shoot to help pack up and empty the bins.
- How much does all the equipment cost to equip someone just completing a beginners course ? Well there is no simple answer here. It depends upon the equipment, the type of bow etc. You can pay as little or as much as you like depending upon quality, if the gear is new or used and your budget. Beginners are strongly advised to seek input from the club coaches before buying ANY equipment.
- How come I can't open .docx document files the secretary sometimes sends out ? This is because you either don't have Microsoft Office installed on your computer or you have an old version. You can download a .docx viewer directly from Microsoft.
- I don't know how to do xyz with my bow, who do I ask for advice ? Ask any committee member who will direct you to the best person who can help you if they can't help you themselves.
- What's this I hear about a partial refund of beginners course fees ? In order to encourage membership we refund 75% of the cost of the beginners course fees to archers who join the club and achieve 3rd Class Archer rating or better within 12 months of starting the beginners course. This refund is presented to archers at the annual Christmas Party. Now how good is that ???